Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10/14





I really have a drive to make this project pretty cool, but have run across multiple problems I'm not sure I can address until I figure out a new way of creating my line drawings. This is just the updated one with the variable line widths. But because of the LineStyle function requirements needing a (size, color, alpha), I don't know how to keep the color settings to apply to the changed line widths. I also included an eraser tool, but also came into problems with that because of an initial problem — not being able to keep the pencil on top. I have it on the top most layer in the timeline and I even went through so every codeblock includes a getNextHighestDepth and it still wouldn't register.

So expect more once I figure out problems with my code.

6 comments:

DaKoda Davis said...

I find that your revision to the midterm seems to almost be completely resolved. I like the integration of making multiple sizes in your strokes. I only wish I could have seen them in color too. I really like the idea of being able to print the drawing straight from the file like that. Very cool.

Ms. Singleton said...

works well. This is easy to function and still holds countless possibilities

ericHUBER said...

AC Paint is comin along

Qaaim said...

I like the addition of the strokes. I want to see a halftone tool and then it would be the ultimate.

shaw said...

This is just a shot in the dark, so i may very well be wrong, (especially seeing as how i do not know how your code is set up) but what if u added an if else statement in each set of code for your colors that returns a certain line and color size once each object is clicked?

However, the multiple sized lines do work on the black selection very well.

wyatt said...

pretty cool idea, i like that you have a print button. theres some games that have this idea but instead of drawing what you want, you draw ramps and shit that a dude on a bike can ride.